Sew in Magnet Set of Two
Super strong magnetic snaps for an invisible closure to your purse, handbag, or clutch.
In this package, you get two (2) sets of magnets (two positives and two negatives) and, as a plus, a handy little case that you can reuse for pins or anything else small. The magnet packaging is bar-coded for easy sale and can either be hung on a wall or stood up on a shelf.
- Perfect for purses, bags, backpacks, and more.
- Get a professional-looking closure without special tools.
- Rather than mounting snaps with prongs to the front of your fabric in plain view, these snaps are sewn to the back of your lining fabric so will be hidden between the lining and exterior fabric.
- Magnets measure 14mm (about 5/8in) in diameter and is 2.5 mm (less than 1/8in) high.
- Each magnet is vacuum packed in a 30mm (about 1-3/16in) pliable sewing-friendly vinyl setting square.
- Simply sew through the setting square, with a smooth side down, attaching it to the back of your lining fabric.
- No special tools are required.
- Use your standard sewing foot, sewing needle, and construction thread to sew through the vinyl setting square to secure the magnet to the back of the fabric.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: Because the magnets in these snaps are SO strong, it is important that the magnet be covered with fabric to prolong wear. Otherwise, the vinyl setting square can tear and allow the magnets to come loose. If you are installing these sew-in magnets on pre-quilted fabric, we suggest covering each side of the magnet with a facing. Our patterns that use these snaps include detail instructions for this.